I am writing to inform you of the wonderful opportunity your son/daughter has chosen to be a part of.
We are very proud to announce that we are running the 17th Spotlight Dance Show featuring Rutland Primary Schools and Rutland Youth Dance Academy students. The dates for the show are Wed 23rd and Thurs 24th June at the Corn Exchange Theatre, Stamford
I hope you can appreciate a lot of preparation is required, therefore, with your permission, we would like all performers to spend some time at the theatre to go through final rehearsals, light and sound organisation and dress rehearsals prior to the Evening performance.
Dress Rehearsal and Performance Times
RYDA Students Dress Rehearsal – Wed 23rd June – 4.30 to 6.30pm
Evening Performance (Wed 23rd June and Thurs 24th June) – 7pm
There have been some changes to how our dress rehearsal will run this year due to Covid restrictions in place. There has been some issue with releasing students from school for our dress rehearsal as attending during the school day conflicts with school requirements to keep children in their bubbles. Therefor this year, our RYDA students will have their dress rehearsal at the Theatre after school and prior to the start of the show.
Our dress rehearsal will take place at 4.30pm at Stamford Corn Exchange and students will then stay for their rehearsal through to the start of the show at 7pm.
Dress Rehearsal – Transport
To get students to the dress rehearsal you have the following 3 options
- There will be a bus leaving from Oakham Market place at 4pm for RYDA students to be taken Stamford with a member of the RYDA team.
- There will be a second bus leaving from Uppingham outside Co-op at 4pm for RYDA students to be taken Stamford with a member of the RYDA team.
- Students make their own way to Stamford Corn Exchange to arrive at 4.30pm.
Please note, students from more than one RYDA group will be on the same bus. Following the rehearsal, students will stay at the Theatre until the show starting time of 7pm. They will need to bring a packed tea with them and also their costume! They will change into this at the theatre during the rehearsal.
Even though the show dates are after the scheduled final easing of the national restrictions, we want to reassure you we will be running the event as Covid Safe as we possibly can. Therefore, there will be some changes to the procedures that we have done in previous years. These include:
- Groups will be allocated a specific area in the theatre audience to sit throughout the dress rehearsal
- No RYDA groups will share dressing rooms with other schools
- There will be no mixing of groups back stage
- There will be no mixing of groups during the transitions of each dance
- We won’t be performing a group finale with all performers on the stage at the same time. We will however be designing a covid safe finale in order to finish the show appropriately
- We will follow theatre guidelines re the audience and what procedures they will need to follow. These are currently unknown and we hope we will have further information closer to the date
The Theatre will be selling all the tickets directly to spectators. I have detailed below the various options available to spectators:
As the theatre is not clear at present of the regulations or procedures they will need to follow come the next easing of national restrictions on the 21st June, we will not be opening the ticket office until the 21st June. If it becomes clearer before this date, then we will inform you that the ticket office will be opened at an earlier date.
Ticket Price – £10 adult, £6 Junior (under 16) & Concession.
Methods of purchase
- Buy direct from the Box Office at the theatre – Cash payment – £10 Adults, £6 child (inclusive of Booking fees)
- Via Phone from the Box Office (01780 766455) – Same prices as above
- Online purchase via stamfordcornexchange.co.uk – Same price as above.
Evening Performance Arrival/Drop Off Procedures
For the Wednesday performance, RYDA students will stay at the theatre following their rehearsal until the show begins at 7pm.
On Thursday 23rd June performers will need to be dropped off at the performers’ entrance, which is actually at the back of the theatre at 6.30pm. I will show all students where this is so that they can show you at drop off. After the evening performance, you can then collect them from this same point.
Parents will be informed at the end of each show by myself and event organiser Chris Thomas where and how to pick up their children. Any parents who are not watching the show will be informed closer to the event where to collect their child at the end of each show. .
Please be aware that parking is limited in Stamford all through Spotlight week. You will need to take this into consideration with your travel time and being able to get to Stamford early enough to find a parking space and walk to the theatre to either drop of your performer and/or take your seat for the show.
We are required by law to provide your son/daughters name, dob, address and school to the local authority on application of a performers license for this event. The purpose of the license is to ensure children’s safety as there is alcohol on sale at the event and to confirm children are not being paid to perform. The relevant local authority will hold this information on record for a minimum of 6 months and will not share this information with third parties.
Please go to www.rutlanddance.co.uk/spotlightcostumes to check what your son/daughter will need to wear for costume. There is generally no charge or a minimal charge for these – they are things you will need to source.
Please complete the form below to consent to your son/daughter taking part in the event, agree to the term and above and provide emergency contact details.
If your son/daughter does not want to or is unable to attend they are still very welcome at class this term but please do let me know as soon as possible by emailing me at [email protected]